India faces the dual challenge of rapidly improving living standards—through sustained economic growth and expanded access to reliable and affordable energy—while simultaneously reducing pollution for a cleaner and healthier environment. EPIC India researchers work hand-in-hand with government and industry partners to identify innovative ideas, pilot them on the ground, and rigorously measure outcomes.
Skills and Requirements
- Research Support: You are able to work closely with Principal Investigators and local research teams to drive project planning and support (including but not limited to) providing guidance on research design, field planning, data collection, data management, power calculations, and preliminary analysis.
- Stakeholder management: You are able to communicate (both in writing (incl. presentations) and speaking) effectively with internal and external stakeholders to drive progress on your projects
- ‘Get things done’ attitude: You like to execute the projects you work on, you are not afraid to get involved in operational details, and have the ability to deliver quickly and efficiently
- Out of the box thinking: You have the ability to identify new ways to do stuff and the willingness to implement it
- Ability to mentor junior staff members including Interns, Research and Senior Research Associates
- Assist in preparation of detailed budgets and work plans in coordination with operations team and PIs
- Ability to write technical proposals, work on budgets and work plans
- High degree of ownership and ability to drive forward workstreams, independently
- Demonstrated understanding of concepts in microeconomics, econometrics, and statistics
- Solid analytical capabilities, e.g. numerical analysis
- Attention to detail and ability to execute patiently, and diligently
- Working knowledge of statistical software (STATA and/or R) preferred
- Support EPIC India on other research, policy, and communication related-tasks when required
- MPP, MBA, or master’s degree in development field related field
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a role with project-based assignments, with substantial client-facing components/ experience in monitoring and evaluation projects, and at least 1 year of direct project management experience
- Experience in social science or economic field research or experience conducting field research in developing countries
- Experience managing and supervising junior staff members
- Strong track record of outstanding academic/ professional performance
- Strong written and oral communication skills
EPIC India offers competitive salaries. Candidates will be interviewed and considered on a rolling basis. Please apply using the following link:https://forms.gle/vdsWtgFvt7sSgafMA on or before Sep 20, 2021. The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.