India faces the dual challenge of rapidly improving living standards—through sustained economic growth and expanded access to reliable and affordable energy—while simultaneously reducing pollution for a cleaner and healthier environment. EPIC India researchers work hand-in-hand with government and industry partners to identify innovative ideas, pilot them on the ground, and rigorously measure outcomes.
EPIC-India is looking for a full-time Associate Director of Program Development to join the team in an exciting time of organizational growth. The position reports to the executive director, EPIC-India. The role includes constituency building with the key stakeholders (policymakers, academics, donors, et al.) in energy and environment policy, managing implementation of programs, donor relations & recruitment and producing effective strategies to achieve the funding targets. The ideal candidate is expected to have substantial program management experience, a talent for building relationships and a track record in securing funds from foundations, trusts and other donors.
- Interface with the government stakeholders at the national and the state level to secure support for EPIC-India’s research execution and engage in jointly planning for future projects.
- Facilitate high-level dialogues between appropriate ministries, donor programs, and civil society.
- Develop a comprehensive EPIC-India fund-raising strategy with the executive director and lead donor prospecting and negotiations with proposals to raise funds.
- Lead year-round donor engagements to retain current and attract new donors.
- Expand EPIC’s reach within the energy and environment community by ensuring that EPIC-India’s research outputs and messages find adequate recognition.
- Oversee the management of grants and ensure effective, high-quality proposals and donor reports.
- Develop and maintain income and expenditure tracking and systems for financial planning and budget management
- Any other work assigned by line manager
- MPP, MBA, or other Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a development-related field
- Overall a minimum of ten years of experience – at least five years of experience in a similar role
- Exceptional understanding of India’s philanthropy environment and a track record of fund-raising
- Solid quantitative aptitude and savvy to develop and manage budgets and donor database
- Ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholder, client, and donor relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English and Hindi
- High degree of ownership and ability to drive forward workstreams, independently
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously (and within a team) and make decisions.
- Problem-solving, detail-oriented, well-organized, goal-oriented, with a high level of initiative, energy, and bias for action; a flair for working hard and achieving ambitious targets.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to convey a high degree of commitment and passion for the mission of EPIC
EPIC India offers competitive salaries. Candidates will be interviewed and considered on a rolling basis. Please apply here https://forms.gle/SL47KqUjriinsu2G6 on or before Nov 15, 2021.