India faces the dual challenge of rapidly improving living standards—through sustained economic growth and expanded access to reliable and affordable energy—while simultaneously reducing pollution for a cleaner and healthier environment. EPIC India researchers work hand-in-hand with government and industry partners to identify innovative ideas, pilot them on the ground, and rigorously measure outcomes.
The ideal candidate possesses a mix of economics, analytical, interpersonal & communications skills and is passionate about working with cross-functional groups to drive large-scale impact in the energy and environment sector.
Skills and Requirements
- A high degree of ownership and ability to drive forward workstreams, independently
- Demonstrated understanding of concepts in microeconomics, econometrics, and statistics.
- Solid analytical capabilities, e.g. numerical analysis
- Attention to detail and ability to execute patiently, and diligently
- ‘Get things done’ attitude: You like to execute the projects you work on, you are not afraid to get involved in operational details, and have the ability to deliver quickly and efficiently.
- Stakeholder management: You are able to communicate (both in writing (incl. presentations) and speaking) effectively with internal and external stakeholders to drive progress on your projects.
- Out of the box thinking: You have the ability to identify new ways to do stuff and the willingness to implement it.
- Working knowledge of statistical software (STATA and/or R) preferred.
- MPP, MBA, or master’s degree in development field related field.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a role with project-based assignments, with substantial client-facing components/ experience in monitoring and evaluation projects.
- Experience managing and supervising junior staff members.
- Strong track record of outstanding academic/ professional performance.
EPIC India offers competitive salaries. The starting date is Summer, 2021. Candidates will be interviewed and considered on a rolling basis. Please send a CV, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Lead – EPIC India” in the subject line latest by 31st March 2021.