India faces the dual challenge of rapidly improving living standards—through sustained economic growth and expanded access to reliable and affordable energy—while simultaneously reducing pollution for a cleaner and healthier environment. EPIC India researchers work hand-in-hand with government and industry partners to identify innovative ideas, pilot them on the ground, and rigorously measure outcomes.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Conduct background research and policy reviews on various air pollution-related topics
- Liaison with implementing partners (Delhi government, DPCC, and other concerned agencies) and Principal Investigator (PI)s
- Write materials that “translate” economic research and other EPIC-India messages into policy outreach and communications, including reports, articles, op-eds, blogs, and evaluation summaries
- Assist the PMU team with obtaining access to administrative data
- Field ad hoc research assistance requests (e.g., advice on the use of administrative data)
- Track energy and environment policy developments and trends in India and beyond
- Support grant reporting by drafting of technical progress reports for our sponsors
- Organize meetings, events, workshops, policy dialogues with partner organizations
- Organize programmatic capacity building and training sessions, and other policy activities
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills with high proficiency in MS office i.e. Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to articulate complex ideas into impactful proposals/reports
- Understanding of environmental policy is preferred
- Experience in partnership development with research affiliates, think-tanks and funding organizations.
- Knowledge of research design and delivery is preferred.
- Ability to multitask, identify priorities and meet deadlines is essential
- Post-graduate degree in economics, International development, Management, Engineering and/or other related fields with at least one year of related experience, or undergraduate degree with at least two years of related work experience
- The ideal candidate has prior research and/or project coordination experience and keen attention to detail, as well as a willingness to learn and enthusiasm for economics and policy-relevant research
- Strong communication and writing skills are essential
- Strongly motivated to drive social impact and improve lives
EPIC India offers competitive salaries. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and considered on a rolling basis. Please apply using the link here.