Systems Development (Senior) Associate
EPIC India is seeking a full-time Systems Development (Senior) Associate to develop systems network and computation-based solutions for a wide range of projects that require cloud integration for data generation and analysis. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to design secure, well-architected systems with an understanding of automation and programming by working with cross-functional groups to drive large-scale impact in the energy and environment sector.
About the Trust
The University of Chicago Trust (the Trust) is a charitable trust in India, established in 2008 by alumnus of The University of Chicago. The objectives of the Trust’s objectives are to provide opportunities for grants to support educational programs, research programs and activities for the betterment of India.
About the Unit
India faces the dual challenge of rapidly improving living standards—through sustained economic growth and expanded access to reliable and affordable energy—while simultaneously reducing pollution for a cleaner and healthier environment. EPIC India researchers work hand-in-hand with government and industry partners to identify innovative ideas, pilot them on the ground, and rigorously measure outcomes.
EPIC India is seeking a full-time Systems Development Associate to develop systems network and computation-based solutions for a wide range of projects that require cloud integration for data generation and analysis. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to design secure, well architected systems with an understanding of automation and programming by working with cross-functional groups to drive large-scale impact in the energy and environment sector.
Reporting to: Technical Expert
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews and maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Perform day-to-day troubleshooting and resolution of Infrastructure issues (Network, Servers, OS, Applications, etc.).
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of automation and configuration management for all levels of networking Infrastructure.
- Assist in building and managing strategic relationships and networks with key stakeholders of the concerned project.
- Providing technical support into EPIC India’s programs in the region and globally as required.
- Research and develop understanding of regional energy and environment markets.
- Maintaining relationship with partner organizations at both headquarters and field levels.
- Any other task as assigned by the research manager and/or the senior management of EPIC India.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Information Technology or other relevant fields.
- 2+ years of experience in field deployment/implementation or IP network design for service providers or enterprise networks.
- Experience with troubleshooting across Linux and networking.
- Experience in automation and coding/programming in Python, Bash, or PowerShell.
- Ability to design secure, well-architected systems based on project requirements.
- Ability to analyze situations at the system level or from a broader perspective.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills with an understanding of internet peering/routing topologies (e.g., BGP).
- Outstanding partner management, follow-through, resourcefulness, attention to detail, and verbal and written communication skills.
Applicant must be legally authorized to work in India.
Please apply using this link.