Research Associate/ Senior Research Associate
EPIC India is seeking a full-time Research Associate/ Senior Research Associate to work directly with leading practitioners in the energy and environment community, policy researchers affiliated with EPIC India and senior government officials involved in energy and environmental issues across India.
The ideal candidate possesses a mix of economics, analytical, interpersonal & communications skills and is passionate about working with cross-functional groups to drive large-scale impact in the energy and environment sector.
Primary responsibilities one or more of the following include:
Research and implementation
- Overseeing implementation of projects in association with our partner organizations
- Managing day-to-day research and implementation monitoring activities, from planning to implementation, and monitoring quality, interview stakeholders etc.
- Regular travel to field to monitor and assess the progress in field work, including supervision of the field staff during surveys and quality checks (if needed)
- Assisting with data collection, cleaning, preliminary data analysis, and preparation of documents and presentations for dissemination
- Support the principal investigators, research manager and other EPIC India senior leaders in maintaining strong relationships with participating partner organizations, government agencies, and other relevant stakeholders
- Engage with relevant officials on different aspects of the project, and to facilitate data access and management between the involved parties
- Develop and disseminate necessary project materials and collaterals targeting a wide range of actors such as policymakers and academic researchers
Any other related tasks on an as needed basis, including (but not limited to) desk/literature survey and support in preparation of meetings and presentations for developing new partnerships, as assigned by EPIC India’s senior leadership, or Research Manager.
- A master’s in Economics, Public Policy, Environment Policy or Science or another related field. If candidate has a Bachelors degree in the related field, at least two years of work experience
- Strong demonstrated interest in the development sector
- Good data management, cleaning, and analysis skills
- Fluent in both English and Hindi
- Knowledge of data analysis software is preferred (Stata, R)
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations
- Demonstrated interest in energy and environment policy
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player
- Strong communication, and presentation skills
Note on Work Authorizations
Candidates must have work authorization to work in India. This covers citizens of India, Nepal or Bhutan, Persons of Indian origin (PIO), and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI).
EPIC India offers competitive salaries. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and considered on a rolling basis. Please apply using the link here.