The Energy Policy Institute at the University of Chicago (EPIC) India is seeking a full-time Policy Intern who would provide support to the EPIC India Programs team on identified workstreams. This position will be based in New Delhi.
India faces the dual challenge of rapidly improving living standards—through sustained economic growth and expanded access to reliable and affordable energy—while simultaneously reducing pollution for a cleaner and healthier environment. EPIC India researchers work hand-in-hand with government and industry partners to identify innovative ideas, pilot them on the ground, and rigorously measure outcomes.
About the Role:
As a Policy Intern, you will have the opportunity to engage with the EPIC India’s Strategy Program Support Unit team and work closely with the Environment Department, GNCTD. Your responsibilities will be tailored to the department’s specific requirements, encompassing crucial tasks such as in-depth research, impactful presentations, data analysis, and more. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone passionate about environmental policy, eager to make a tangible impact, and looking to gain hands-on experience in a real-world setting.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Conduct background research and write high quality policy reviews on various energy and environment related topics
- Write materials that “translate” economic research and other EPIC-India messages into policy outreach and communications, including reports, articles, op-eds, blogs, and evaluation summaries
- Track energy and environment policy developments and trends in India and beyond
- Assist in organizing meetings, events, workshops, policy dialogues with partner organizations
- Assist in organizing programmatic capacity building and training sessions, and other policy activities
- Perform other related duties as required as assigned by the line manager or senior management at EPIC India
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills with high proficiency in MS office i.e. Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to articulate complex ideas into impactful proposals/reports
- Understanding of environmental policy is preferred
- Experience in partnership development with research affiliates, think-tanks and funding organizations.
- Ability to multitask, identify priorities and meet deadlines is essential
- Under-graduate degree in economics, International development, Management, Engineering and/or other related fields. Prior experience is not necessary as long as candidate has demonstrated interest in policy writing
- Strong communication and writing skills are essential
- Strongly motivated to drive social impact and improve lives
EPIC India offers competitive salaries. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and considered on a rolling basis. Please apply using this form here.